Our Mission statement:
‘At St. George’s Catholic School we help all our children to grow in mind, body and spirit.’
We did a survey asking Class 6 children how they feel pupils in St George’s grow spiritually during their time with us.
Here are some of the children’s quotes:
- " We have learned the Ten Commandments and we know what to do, or not do, in a tricky situation." William
- " I have learned how to forgive people." Alan.
- " We have learned how to get inspiration from The Bible." Joana.
- " I have learned the importance of going to church and how important it is to take Communion regularly." Helen.
- " I learnt what Christmas and Easter are really about." Ethan.
- " We have talked a lot about 'The Meaning of Life' ". Liya
Parent’s Comments on School Assemblies and Masses:
- "What a wonderful school. The pupils are so polite and helpful and the staff reflect a passion for what they do. Thank you for being so welcoming."
- " A lovely mass with a lovely message. Well done."
- "A beautiful celebration and the singing just gets better and better."
- "Well done to all of the children, but especially to Class 6 for organizing such a lovely service. Wonderful!"
- "What a fantastic Nativity. Key Stage 1 should be very proud of themselves. Such beautiful singing and lovely loud narrators.
- "Another superb Harvest Festival. The children were so well-behaved and took part beautifully in the singing, acting dancing, artwork, poetry reciting etc. Well done to all! A loverly message: 'The light of Jesus' love brightens the harvest.' A simple, clear message for us all."
- "An inspired and inspiring Leavers' Assembly. Once a St. George's child, always a St. George's child!"