Dear Parents and Carers,
This Week in School
The children have settled back into the school routine nicely after what we hope was a restful break. The teachers met on Monday (INSET day) at Wells Cathedral, where we had a tour of the Cathedral which focused on reformation, and some RE craft activities to inspire teachers on work they could do with pupils back in the classroom. It was a wonderful day and helped us to feel refreshed for the very busy weeks ahead.
Reception Class had their trip to Axe Valley on Thursday, and I know that Mrs Weetch worked hard to organise a fun day for the children. They enjoyed visiting the animals and had a lovely animal handling session, with some time left over to play in the activity area. I was delighted to hear that the bus driver was very impressed with the children, and a staff member at Axe Valley had commented on what a lovely bunch of children they were. Thank you to all involved for organising this fantastic day out!
I had the pleasure of being invited in to Class 2 to see the wonderful work the children were doing in RE. They were learning about Pentecost and recording their ideas on ways to be messengers of God and to live out their faith. The adults were amazed by the wealth of ideas being put forward by the children.
Year 5 and Mrs Rolf are getting excited about their dance show next week at Heathfield and looking forward to sharing all their hard work with parents on Wednesday evening. Meanwhile, Year 1 are getting ready for their trip to Minehead on Tuesday and Year 4 and Year 6 are excited to be going on their residential trips next week, too! It is wonderful to see so many children feeling enthused about these fantastic opportunities to learn outside the classroom, and we are very grateful for the hard work the staff have put into organising these memorable adventures.
St George’s Parent Support Group
A meeting was held today in the Busy Room for parents who are interested in supporting with the Summer Fete, which will be held on Friday, 15th July. Thank you to those who attended. A sign-up sheet will be going up soon by the front entrance for parents to suggest ideas for stalls they would be willing to run on the day, or to add their name to the volunteer list. Further details will be provided in the coming weeks.
Quad Kids Event
Mr Chidgey and the sports team have been busy organising a Quad Kids event for the children on Monday, 13th June. Please ensure children come to school wearing PE kit on the day.
KS2 Sports Day
Due to an unavoidable scheduling conflict, Key Stage 2 Sports Day will now take place on Monday, 27th June and not a week earlier, as previously notified. Please can you update your diaries to reflect the change? Parents are very welcome to attend the event, which runs from 1.45pm to the end of the school day.
Remember to visit our school Twitter account for more information and photos showing the exciting learning that is taking place in school. @StGeorgesTauntn
- Mon 13th June: Quad Kids Day – please send your child to school in PE kit.
- Tuesday 14th June – Class 1 trip to Minehead.
- Wednesday 15th - Friday 17th June – Class 6 Residential Trip.
- Thursday 16th - Friday 17th June – Class 4 Residential Trip.
- Wed 22nd June: Year 6 Leaver’s Mass at Clifton Cathedral.
- Thurs 23rd June: KS1 Sports Day – 1.45pm to 3.15pm. Please send your KS1 child to school in PE kit.
- Mon 27th June: KS2 Sports Day – 1.45pm to 3.15pm. Please send your KS2 child to
school in PE kit.
- Wed 29th June – St Peter & St Paul Mass in Church led by Year 5 pupils – 9.30 am. Parents welcome to attend.
- Fri 15th July – Summer Fete.
- Wed 20th July – Year 6 Leaver’s Mass. Year 6 Parents welcome to attend.
- Fri 22nd July. Year 6 Leaver’s Assembly. Year 6 Parents welcome to attend.