At St George's Catholic School we help all our children to grow in MIND, BODY and SPIRIT.
The school aims:
- to provide a broad and balanced curriculum based in a Catholic, Christian setting where we are led by the Spirit of Christ. We believe that "Children and young people should be helped to develop harmoniously their physical, moral and intellectual qualities."
- to make prayer, worship and liturgy real educational experiences and to contribute successfully to the development of the faith of each individual in the school community.
- to provide an environment in which children can grow in understanding and in the acquisition of skills, knowledge, attitude and values for life.
- to participate in and encourage interaction between the home, parish and school. We believe that it is important that common aims be established and developed in a climate of mutual trust and openness. Home, parish and school must together provide preparation for the pupil's entry into the wider community.
- to develop within each child a respect for themself and their achievements and a respect and understanding of others.